Communities and municipalities
Here are the different committees the SADC participates in:
- Advisory committee - Papineau economic forum
- Advisory committee - Development plan for the agricultural zone of the Papineau RCM
- Advisory committee - Agricultural platform of L’Ange-Gardien
- Advisory committee - Chelsea-Wakefield Tourist hub
- Advisory committee - Support to the self-employed - Collines-de-l’Outaouais RCM
- Committee for the sustainable development of Québec’s Network of SADCs and BDCs
- Board of directors - Table agroalimentaire de l’Outaouais
Types of support offered
In order to improve the vitality of business communities, the SADC provides technical expertise.
We support you in the creation of economic development projects on the territory. Concretely, we can coach you in:
- Facilitating meetings and citizen consultations;
- Coordinating committees;
- Managing projects;
- Performing market studies and business analysis;
- Searching for statistical data/socioeconomic picture;
- Develop communication strategies;
- Establishing a human resources management kit;
- Performing organizational and financial analysis and diagnostic;
- Search for funding.
Promotion of communities and municipalities’ activities
The SADC is available to promote the events you organize, through:
- Le Développeur newsletter – monthly web publication
- Network of contacts
The SADC’s web service can offer the design and development of self-managed websites (WordPress), professional and customized, at a competitive cost (considering the client’s needs).
Some examples of sites created for business groups:
In 2013-2014, the SADC, in collaboration with the municipality of Cantley and the Association de gens d’affaires de Cantley (AGAC), developed the Cantleyprospère.com portal to reinforce the municipality’s attractiveness and economic development.
L'Ange-Gardien en affaires
Initiated by the municipality of L’Ange-Gardien, this portal groups the businesses of the angelois territory. There, you will find business opportunities such as the business park. This portal provides the information required to establish your business in the park.
The SADC developed the website of the Regroupement des gens d’affaires de la Basse-Lièvre (RGABL).
In collaboration with the Chambre de commerce Vallée de la Petite-Nation (CCVPN) and the Papineau RCM, the SADC actively participates in the setting up of a territorial promotion web portal. This website allows the pooling of all resources that may help entrepreneurs and their family to settle in, work and study in the territory. A tourism section will also allow the RCM’s visitors to discover the region’s assets.
Carte Blanche is a project implemented in concert with RGAs, the owner of a commercial space, Potloc and the SADC. This activity allows the determination of the type of business that would meet the commercial demand in a given location. Citizens are invited to vote for the business or businesses they would like to see setting up in their area. The results of the survey provide valuable information to the project partners, including understanding the local demand and knowing which business to open in which neighborhood or municipality.
Paid training periods for youth
Thanks to an Industry Canada program managed by the Québec network of SADCs and BDCs, it is possible to offer the territory’s groups of businesspeople (RGA) the opportunity to recruit a trainee.
The objective of the training period is to offer a relevant and exciting working experience to the selected candidate. The trainee will support the RGA in the implementation of specific projects, in particular relating to new information and communications technologies (ICT).
* Please note that the number of training periods is limited.
The SADC listed several trainings for entrepreneurs.