Employment offer : Business advisor (2nd posting)
La Société d’aide au développement de la collectivité (SADC) de Papineau is an economic development agency that offers different professional services and financial tools to businesses located within its territory. The SADC de Papineau mandate is to stimulate and ensure the development of businesses located in two MRC’s of Outaouais: the Papineau RCM, and the Collines-de-l’Outaouais RCM, as well as Masson-Angers and Buckingham (two municipality sectors in Gatineau).
The SADC de Papineau is currently looking for a Business Advisor who will assist rural businesses in their business development through consultation services. This person will also oversee the development of the investment fund development and will analyze financing requests from businesses located on the SADC de Papineau territory.
- Development Aspect
- Develop and create a market development strategy with entrepreneurs;
- Prepare the action plan for the Regional Youth Investment Fund (FRIJ);
- Meet with potential entrepreneurs to provide them all the services offered by the SADC;
- Inform clients about financing policies and procedures regarding SADC programs;
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships within the business community;
- Manage solicitations and prospecting, and attend networking activities;
- Support Aspect
- Provide promoters with technical support at the different stages of their business development;
- Advise and accompany entrepreneurs through the various business functions (finances, marketing, human resources, etc.);
- Provide monitoring and proactive technical support with client businesses by following up on the entrepreneurs’ achievements and challenges through visits and meetings;
- Identify and develop business opportunities with businesses;
- Develop management tools to support entrepreneurs with their decision-making process;
- Perform loan renewals and financial statement analysis.
- Analysis Aspect
- Analyze business financing applications (diagnosis, validation, technical feasibility, etc.);
- Analyze financial forecasts;
- Assess the financial risk of projects;
- Write and present financing proposals to the investment committee and share recommendations;
- Prepare and sign legal documents;
- Apply procedures for fee collection;
- Manage the Regional Youth Investment Fund loan portfolio;
- Support the financial analyst in the analysis of investment files;
- Protect the interests, values, and directions of the organization;
- Execute any other related tasks that could be assigned by his/her superior.
- A University diploma in Finance, Administration or Accounting;
- Two (2) years of experience in business project evaluation or economic development is required.
- Bilingualism required;
- Knowledge of rural economic development issues;
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools and methods;
- Knowledge of computer software (Office Suite and accounting software);
- Research skills;
- Own a vehicle with a valid driver’s licence.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES (SOUGHT AFTER ATTRIBUTES AND QUALITIES)
- Analysis and negotiation skills;
- Resourcefulness and perseverance;
- Interpersonal and adaptability skills;
- Ability to synthesize;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple deadlines and requests simultaneously;
- Reliability, honesty and integrity;
- Intuition with a keen sense of observation;
- Methodical and thorough sense of details;
- Self-motivated and focused on achieving results;
- Passionate about the economic development of rural areas with respect for the environment;
- High-level of autonomy, organization, and planning;
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Willingness to learn.
- Courteous, calm, patient, diplomatic and enthusiastic;
- Sense of empathy;
- Spirit of teamwork and collaboration;
- Ability to communicate and make contacts;
- Ability to earn customer confidence;
- Ability to advise, influence, persuade, and negotiate;
- Able to maintain good long-term relationships;
- Client-service oriented.
- Knowledge of electronic business implementation development processes;
- Knowledge of the SADC territory.
This is a permanent full-time position (35 hours/week). The workplace is located in the organization offices at 565 Buckingham Avenue in Gatineau. The SADC offers a dynamic and challenging work environment that promotes self-fulfillment. The income salary, based on experience and academic certifications, is set between $45,700 and $58,100 and includes an attractive benefits package. The entry date is scheduled for July 3, 2017.
All interested candidates are invited to send their resume accompanied by a cover letter to Mélissa Bergeron, General Manager at email@example.com.
The application deadline is Monday, May 29, 2017, at 8:00 a.m.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially and with respect to the Employment Equity Act.